Better gaming through discussion

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fate 2.0 Manual

Elizabeth you asked where I got the rulebook for FATE, its online and its free.  I have added the a link to it at the bottom of the blog in the link section.  The character sheet is also linked down there too.  The character sheet that I use is different from the one provided in the rulebook.  I created it a few years back using the original as a template, but I improved it (at least I think I did).

I am curious to see if you are able to use this as a teaching tool.  If not you will be spending most of your time on or near a college campus and there are always people hosting role-playing games on campuses. Most people who play indie RPGs (role playing games) are more familiar with Spirit of the Century (aka: Fate 3.0.  I like Fate 2.0 because its more of an open platform.  If you want to you can check out the publisher who makes these games.  Here is the link: http://www.evilhat.com/home/

They also publish Penny for my Thoughts (which is the round-about story game we did at our writing group).  I have never purchased a copy of Penny, I tried to adapt it from what I have read about it and heard about it from RPG podcasts, but you might find the Penny game more helpful as a teaching tool.  Its sort of a mix between an RPG and "Apples to Apples" (the party game).

Anyways, I had a blast playing our brief but epic game, you will be sorely missed.  Best of luck to you.  Send me Shevon's email address and I will see if she gets interested in playing with Bozena and I.




5 comments:

  1. Thank you Adam! Such nice words. I"m going to miss you guys too, and especially the games, since we were just getting good at it. I was hoping we could still keep the Roughing It blog going in case any of us wanted feedback on our writing.

    Shevon said she'd be really interested in playing. I actually don't know her e-mail address (we call or Facebook). Her phone number is (773) 387-0747 or Bozena can find her on Facebook.

    I'll let you know if I get a chance to use the Fate game or a version thereof with my classes. I'm not sure how much leeway I have in the classroom yet.

    I hope to keep in touch with you all, and good luck in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure meeting you ladies and I am glad that I got the chance to try gaming with you both. I tried looking you both up on Facebook (since Adam refuses to use it) and I can't find you Elizabeth and Bozena, I think I sent you a friend request but I'm not sure it's really you. Do you have a cartoon drawing as your profile picture? If not, I just befriended a stranger! :)
    Hope to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep the Roughing It blog alive. As I test over the next few months I will not be writing at all. Once I am finished with my tests I will go back to writing again.

    Bozena, can you try to get Shevon's email address? Post it here or just email me directly if you manage to get it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys! Happy Labor Day weekend! Have a great time whatever you do and wherever you are. :)

    Adam, I just got a response from Shevon. Her email address is: vonporter4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent her an email this morning to introduce myself and see if she was interested in joining us. Hopefully she will. I will let you know when I hear back from her. If she wants to join us we can start to figure out when we want to throw another pitch session. Thanks Bozena.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog